+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How ****ed Am I?

Member#

Default  How ****ed Am I?  

I was using a Sony sensor gel stick to try and clean some giant dust spots off my A7R sensor tonight and it somehow left a big oily/filmy stain all over the sensor.

Has anyone had this happen before? I stored the gel stick in the included case and haven't used it since the last time I cleaned this sensor.

Is this something that sensor fluid and swabs might be able to take care of?
    Last edited by frigidlight; 10-29-2017 at 10:21 PM.

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

Quote Originally Posted by frigidlight View Post
    Is this something that sensor fluid and swabs might be able to take care of?
    should be this. Just research which fluid to use as when I had my canon's I know there was a "good" and "bad" fluid depending on your sensor. You could also go to a camera store and pay them to do this... I wonder what happened with the sensor stick? I use and love mine...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Member#

this makes me worried to do anything to my camaras. :continuestocloneoutdust:
    "You can not achieve the impossible with attempting the absurd!" - unknown
    ericgove.com | Flickr

Member#

So I bought the cleaning solution and the swabs and I think I was able to get the stains off the sensor. Here's a full-rez JPG at f/25 ISO 100.

Still some splotches that weren't there before (and a dog hair?) but much better. I definitely threw out the gel sticks, though.

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum