+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yongnuo 560 IV

Default  Yongnuo 560 IV  

I have a couple of the Yongnuo 560 III that are pretty alright little flashes. About a year ago I got one of the 560 IV for work. It has the radio built in and that is nice for some shots where I hide a flash behind my tool stands. Nice. I don't use it all the time as I have a Lumipro LP180 which has all of the cable connections so I can use it wide open outside with the leaf shutter on the Leica Q. Most of my flash shots are really simple and so that is the go to setup.

I'm doing a new catalog shoot and so I bought two more 560 IV for my setup. I started setting up the shoot on Friday and the old IV I bought works fine, the new ones won't talk to the transmitter. Then one of the new ones pops, makes squealing noises and sounds like the water is running. I pulled the batteries. Today the old one is indecisive as to whether it wants to stay on.

Yes, they're crap and disposable but the IV seem to be really disposable. Maybe 250 flashes. They do have a 1 year warranty... if you send them to China... and if you give them $25 to send it back. They are $70 new so... guess not.

Buyer beware.

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

Member#

The Neewer TT850's I bought from Ben have been awesome. They're also sold as Godox. Cheap, built like a tank, wireless has worked flawlessly every time I use them, and the lithium ion battery is brilliant. May be something you want to look into for a low cost multiple speedlight set up.

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum