+ Reply to Thread

Thread: massdrop?

Default  massdrop?  

anyone ever used massdrop? Supposedly they group people's orders together and place the order with the supplier of whatever they're selling. They then get the product and send them out. It basically skips the retail step in a sale. They get some of the money and the user gets a "deal". At least that's what they're saying...

well they've got the DJI mavic for $899 ($1170 for the bundle)? That's $100 off. Shipping says Nov 15th which is the release date I think (it's what amazon has listed).

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/dji-mavic-pro

Thoughts?

basically people are saying it's for people who want a deal but don't have a deadline for when they need something due to the shipping (deal closed, order placed, shipped to mass drop, then shipped to buyer). That's fine for me once we go past 10/26 as I have a drone shoot then but I'll use my phantom for it most likely. After that I can wait to save $100+...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

Member#

I subscribe but never have bought anything. A few folks at work have bought things and have had great experiences as long as you can wait.
    Gear , flickarrrrrr, Blouge
    Never go Full Retard

tempting.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

I have been repeatedly tempted to getting something off massdrop, mechanical KB, but some have said they have waited as long as 4-5 months. I also read it takes so long that when the charges then delivery happens, it throws the person off. I think it also has to do what and whom you order from. Apparently some companies can get it to you in a few weeks.
    Drew

I've used Massdrop to buy a bunch of quilting supplies and notions the past year. As long as you are willing to wait it's ok. But most of the stuff (and this might be purely coincidental) wasn't actually more cost effective compared to Amazon after adding the Massdrop shipping fees.

I like the fact that you can ask questions in the Discussion part of the drop. This has sometimes been key in my decision to join a drop.
    The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikond300chica/

yeah, I'm still waiting on my B&H order for the mavic anyway...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Did you get an email reminding you that you are still waiting also?
    Gear , flickarrrrrr, Blouge
    Never go Full Retard

oh, yeah, several.

I checked when I ordered, turns out it was 4:30pm the initial day... So I'm guessing after my mid day sleep and getting the kids off the bus. So yeah, first day but probably DEEP in that queue.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

That's weird, I seem to have just started receiving emails from Massdrop but don't remember ever signing up.

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum