+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Sony FE Lens News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tbert View Post
    I see. You have to have certain minimum distance between the elements, as optics would dictate, I assume. If that's the case, what you are saying is that, when not in use, this space is unnecessary so the lens should compact to eliminate the space therefore reducing the size of the lens. I suppose that makes sense.
    exactly, just remove the space when not in use. And I'd bet they could make some compromises on the design in terms of the # of elements to make it work better in terms of getting small when not in use. Just like there are pancake designs, this would be designed to be a small pancake when collapsed but as big as needed when in use.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Damn you Ben. I see the CA now. I found it in only probably about 2 dozen shots but it is there. You have to be wide open and heavily back-lit. The CA tab in LR works pretty well if you tweak the range.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

Oh, and by the way, I've since started going through a bunch of my other shots with other lenses and now am seeing it in more places. The most glaring is when you get sharp reflections off of a chrome surface or something like that. They can actually be too small for CA to show BUT if you put in the correction the color of the reflection shifts.

So, you know that 3/4 of my Super 7 is polished aluminum, right? ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! But double ARGH for chromed buttons for the top cover.

yeah, it's something I've paid attention to in the past but those tree shots made it super obvious and it was one of my first shoots with that lens...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum