+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
Results 1,501 to 1,533 of 1533

Thread: Fuji Thoughts....

is he cherry picking samples to show the issue? Yes.
    is it a very well written, explained and demonstrated display of the issues? Yes.

I jumped and bought the fuji MF:

This one has been on my wishlist for a long long time. I own a bronica eTRSI (645) and have shot 4x5. I've wanted that 4x5 quality but I know I won't have the patience for sheet film (dark bag to load/unload etc). So this is the best compromise. I've also been looking at 4x5s with a roll adapter (giving me the same 6x9 image size) but I can't seem to find any lenses wider than 65mm anyway? That would be ~17mm on 4x5 in 35mm terms but once you go down to 6x9 it's what mine has and it's roughly 28mm effective (in 35mm terms).
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

Member#

I agree that it explains why the waxy skin issue happens. But, I've never had the issue with a raw file on either sensor. For me it goes from starting as a good article to a **** stirrer.

Very nice on the medium format!

I'm currently on a roll back. Bought my X-T1 back from dad and sold the Pro2's. As much as I love the rangefinder bodies, the size and SLR style of the T1 is better for me to work with. Considering a T2 with grip when B&H gets the kit back in Stock. They're selling them for $100 over the cost of body only.

yeah, I had a pro-1 for a week when I bought someone's kit to get a lens and parted it out. Cool looking, neat, retro, whatever but not my style. Too big and I don't like the OVFs. For me the ideal fuji pair (and sony when you think of my current kit) is/was the XE2 for the small body/rangefinder with EVF only and the XT1 for the DSLR/handling package. I do REALLY like the XT2's screen. Flip up/down only sucks for vertical shooting landscapes...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1 View Post
    is he cherry picking samples to show the issue? Yes.
    is it a very well written, explained and demonstrated display of the issues? Yes.

I jumped and bought the fuji MF:

This one has been on my wishlist for a long long time. I own a bronica eTRSI (645) and have shot 4x5. I've wanted that 4x5 quality but I know I won't have the patience for sheet film (dark bag to load/unload etc). So this is the best compromise. I've also been looking at 4x5s with a roll adapter (giving me the same 6x9 image size) but I can't seem to find any lenses wider than 65mm anyway? That would be ~17mm on 4x5 in 35mm terms but once you go down to 6x9 it's what mine has and it's roughly 28mm effective (in 35mm terms).
    This is the hotness. I have a Bronica 6x6 and while I love it, I don't love it's bulk. Having shot a GSW once, seeing this post makes me consider dumping the Bronica for one of these. Hmmmm

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1 View Post
    yeah, I had a pro-1 for a week when I bought someone's kit to get a lens and parted it out. Cool looking, neat, retro, whatever but not my style. Too big and I don't like the OVFs. For me the ideal fuji pair (and sony when you think of my current kit) is/was the XE2 for the small body/rangefinder with EVF only and the XT1 for the DSLR/handling package. I do REALLY like the XT2's screen. Flip up/down only sucks for vertical shooting landscapes...
    I think that sums it up perfectly for me as well. I wonder if you would've liked the X-T10 over the X-T2. For the stuff I shoot, the T2's screen will be great. And I am missing the ability to use the rear dial for exposure compensation with five stops.

for me the XT1 was about speed AF for low light and sports work so I think it wins over the slightly smaller XT10?
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Yeah, the X-T1 wins there. I'm still thinking over grabbing a X-T2. I've already grabbed a used 50-140 off Adorama since I'll have the balance of the T1 body/grip to shoot it on. That lens is very awkward on the Pro2.

Member#

I own this joint!
    gear list.

so the GFX has studio samples on dpreview and they're not all that much more amazing -vs- the a7rii?
    https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-gfx-50s

as the guys on sony rumors are keen to point out they really should have gone with a larger sensor than what they did and or use some BSI (as the a7rii sensor does) to put it at the top of the heap. I'm sure it'll still produce some amazing files I just don't see the IQ difference as worth the cost at this point?
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

I agree that they should have went with a larger sensor. For the price of the GFX, you could get into Pentax MF.

the pentax uses the same sensor though so that comes down to lenses and how they handle IMHO. The thing with the pentax is you can get them used though.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Used market is what I was thinking for body and lenses. I can't see using MF as an event rig. So the larger body wouldn't be an issue.

yeah, for me it's for my landscape work which is also a travel kit essentially... So if it meant I paired down to one or two lenses then sure, it could be smaller but really the a7rii with f/4 zooms is a pretty good travel setup. After FL I've actually thought about going to a 2 lens travel setup with 2 bodies. The a7rii w/16-35 and a6300 w/70-300. If I need that middle range then I swap the bodies/lenses so the 16-35 on crop becomes 24-53. For me I don't need more than 19mp for anything in that middle range and 24mp for anything on the long end...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

That's a pretty well rounded travel kit. And it keeps things smalll/light weight. When I travel this year I'll have the 16-55. Then use the 18-55/50-230 kit my son uses.

So cambo has made an EF to GFX adapter. No electronics get passed so you won't get AF or EXIF but the adapter can adjust the aperture. Yes there's some vignetting but the real story here is the TS-Es work w/o any vignetting! So you have the following options:
    17mm = 13.5mm
    24mm = 19mm
    45mm = 35.5mm
    90mm = 71mm

and yes those lenses are massive and expensive but it'd be fun to play with the 17mm @ ~13,5mm effective!

https://petapixel.com/2017/03/27/cam...um-format-gfx/
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Oh man, if I was still urban exploring a lot this would be very tempting.

Member#

Nice article on the GFX for landscaping.......

https://petapixel.com/2017/04/12/fuj...l-photography/

yeah, good read. I do like the rear screen and tilting EVF for sure. That's been a big pet peeve on mine with the sony. Yes it's better than my 5Diii (with no movement) but when you shoot vertically it's a PITA.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Some nice updates for us C1 users.
    http://www.fujirumors.com/capture-on...x-a10-support/

Member#

And, Phase has significantly sped up C1. On top of the other improvements. LR really feels like a total slug now.

Member#

Having a new slight issue with the 100t, the LCD gets lines and locks up. I haven't had it do it again for a bit so I'm going to hold off but i may have to send it off again. I'm quite happy with it otherwise though so I would potentially get it refurbished, then sell it off and get a new x100f or whatever letter they are on now.

The DSLR has really not been used for months since getting the camera, I'm thinking about upgrading the 5Dc to a newer body though.

Member#

I think it is F now. That body has the newer sensor and autofocus system.

the letter is the first letter of the number, so:
    x100
    x100s (second)
    x100t (third)
    x100f (fourth)
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Wow that's super logical.

Member#

I wonder if the next x100 will be f mark 2?

X100Fi (Fifth)

All naming conventions are terrible. You eventually run into a wall when you iterate a design and your other nomenclature muddies the waters.

I've always wanted to have a product line that just was called Fred and it did this one thing. I would change it constantly and only still call it Fred--no version, nothing--and that it performs the advertized task. How much horsepower? Enough to perform the task. How much does it weigh? As little as possible but not too little to hold up. Send me your money. When I retire this will be my business. It will be glorious.

Member#

I'm a fan of Fred.

Maybe they'll swap the 100 for a 200 when the sensor gets bigger? Fuji only uses the letters for the x100. All the other bodies have been XE1 to XE2, XP1 to XP2 etc. So maybe when they make just jump to 24mp it'll go X200 and then little letters again for the smaller updates?
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Then they should have changed it when they switched sensors after the first X100.

Unfortunately we are trying to be logical about decisions made by a marketing department. That is impossible.

And anyway, the X200 is the medium format version. Right? RIGHT!?!?!? (with a 28mm effective lens please)

Member#

Stupidity angers me.
    If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
    NSOP snapshooter

Member#

Godox/Flashpoint 350 mini is available for preorder. Finally another good flash option available for Fuji with ttl and high speed sync. And cheap at $84.90.

https://www.adorama.com/fplfsmminifu...e=rflaid912732

https://www.amazon.com/Godox-TT350F-...godox+350+fuji

Member#

My stupid x100t is acting up again.

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum