+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: NSOP Affiliate Program!!!

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1 View Post

so, remember my whole issue with RI and not being able to collect Amazon, B&H or adorama affiliate $$$? And how I had a MA address to get around it (that store closed). And then how I was using viglink and or skimlink to get around it all? Well guess what, now RI/amazon aren't letting me even use viglink to monetize amazon links with my address being in RI. And the funny part is viglink pays out via paypal anyway, it's not like they mail me a check.

So I'll be getting yet another MA mailbox soon.
    Scammer!!!

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

so, remember my whole issue with RI and not being able to collect Amazon, B&H or adorama affiliate $$$? And how I had a MA address to get around it (that store closed). And then how I was using viglink and or skimlink to get around it all? Well guess what, now RI/amazon aren't letting me even use viglink to monetize amazon links with my address being in RI. And the funny part is viglink pays out via paypal anyway, it's not like they mail me a check.

If they are Paypaling you the funds anyway feel free to use my address. If anything comes in the mail I will just forward it to you the next day. There is a post box right on the corner outside my house.
    Flickr -- tumblr
    a couple of black things that make clicky sounds and a few round thingies that can stick to the front of the black thingy.

Pro
    Member#

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1

Wanna use my codes for a little bit? I finally have had my amazon links starting to pay out to me lately. Viglink has been screwing me though...
    --Bone | FSS | flickr | Gear list | JeffJamesPhoto.com | I'll add more links later...

yeah, guys, thanks for all the offers on this, but because this is a business at this point, I NEED to sort this out legitimately. My biggest bitch is a mailbox was ~$90/6 months, but it's a cost of doing business. It also makes taxes a PITA at the end of the year.

but the long and short of it is viglink and skimlinks both suck at affiliatizing B&H and adorama links anyway. So I need to switch back to using my own accounts there. If I'm doing that amazon isn't that much of a PITA honestly. But I'll leave vig in place for everything else. The big issue is with inline posts. The only way I'll get B&H, adorama and amazon credit is if I add my own affiliate tails to the links myself (huge PITA) or if users use the links at the top of the page....
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

OK, I need to go back through this and update any and all links all over again. But the long and the short of it is if you want to use an affilate link to amazon, hostgator, B&H, adorama or thinktankphoto, PLEASE USE:
    • links on the right on the main forum
    • links in the "affiliates" dropdown at the top of the forum
    • the 125x125px icons on the main (blog) home page

pasting a link in a thread WILL NOT WORK FOR THOSE ACCOUNTS ANYMORE!!!! I wish it did, I really do, but it won't....

Thanks!
    Ben
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Here is a list of our current affiliates, click the link and shop as you usually would:
    OK, those links are all current. Please use them to get to those sites, THEN do your shopping. If you already have a cart full, you have to empty it, use the link, THEN fill the cart, so try to use the links first (or set your browsers bookmarks to those sites to be my links! ). Yes it's a PITA, and I REALLY appreciate it. Everyone who uses these links helps keep NSOP afloat year to year.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Think Tank goodies just arrived!

nice, my retro 5 is in the mail and due sometime (late) next week. Can't wait.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Everyone who uses these links helps keep me in new camera gear year to year.
    this ^^^

not really, they help me and Nik pay the bills. My camera gear (for the most part) is a set investment that changes by selling used for more than I bought it for (used). I really haven't added much from the forum money into my kit at all in the last ~2 years. And actually, if you include what I make with BJP.com, any money INTO my camera fund can be said to come from that 100% and the NSOP money pays for the forum and then helps us out personally... Yeah, we're that broke.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

not really, they help me and Nik pay the bills. My camera gear (for the most part) is a set investment that changes by selling used for more than I bought it for (used). I really haven't added much from the forum money into my kit at all in the last ~2 years. And actually, if you include what I make with BJP.com, any money INTO my camera fund can be said to come from that 100% and the NSOP money pays for the forum and then helps us out personally... Yeah, we're that broke.
    I keed, I keed

Member#

nice, my retro 5 is in the mail and due sometime (late) next week. Can't wait.
    YES!

What's the usual turn around time between early reviewers receiving them and the item actually reaching the consumer market?

no idea. I'm pretty sure when I got my 10, people who ordered them got theirs maybe a week later? But I also know they have issues with one color over another at times, so if you want black it might not be finished yet? I don't love pinestone honestly, or I should say I'm a basic black sort of a guy, but they're sending me a freebie for a review so I'm not going to complain, and it'll actually be nice to have one of each to show the differences. I'm excited to use it though, I've been using the 10 again for the first time in a long time (I had been using my backpack converted sling) and I'm in love all over again for non landscape shooting, but it's too big. So this should be perfect for what I'm doing right now...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

just bought 3 years of hostgator hosting through the affiliate link...now I get to go through the fun process of migrating to a new server.

thanks!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Rented a lens from Borrow Lenses for my vacation.
    Drew
    Canon 50d, 70d, OM-D E-M5
    #Racedinanger

nice!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

You should see a sigma 10-20 canon f/3.5-5.6 on the amazon affiliate pretty soon

nice!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Woot. B/H Wish list emptied, affiliate link used. Happy to do my part, wish I could do it more often.

whoa, nice!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Starving
    Member#

Bump. 5 toner cartridges and some other stuff from B&H. About $550.

nice, thanks!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Working
    Member#

Lightroom 3 for $70 from B&H using the affiliate link.

nice, thanks! We sold 3 copies at adorama yesterday.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Working
    Member#

nice, thanks! We sold 3 copies at adorama yesterday.
    I saw that Adorama update when I was on phone, thought of checking later once I am home, by that time the price was back to $135 or so. I was sad, but to my surprise got an email from B&H and it saved me extra $10.

Member#

Just bought a Nikon 24-70 F2.8, Neopreme cover and Cokin Z-Pro adapter. So you should see something from that.
    05 Aprilia Factory (My Baby)
    Nikon D700, D50
    "Yeah, take it!" Arias

Nice, thanks!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

I've been using the Amazon affiliate link for book purchases - both hard copy and Kindle versions.

Ben - please let me know if you see these accounted for via the affiliate link. I go through the affiliate links at the top of the page to the Amazon site for these purchases.
    The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikond300chica/

didn't see any "real" books, just e-books, but here's the list:
    A Beard In Nepal
    I Am Half-Sick of Shadows: A Flavia de Luce Novel
    I Shall Live
    Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal
    The Invisible Bridge (Vintage Contemporaries)
    Through a Window: My Thirty Years with the Chimpanzees of Gombe

but here's the key part of that, 25 total items shipped which landed me at a 6% rate. Electronics only got to 4% but that's still quite good, especially considering we had a tamron 70-200, OM-D and oly 45mm on there this month. Every little bit helps, thanks a ton Sue and the guys with the camera bits!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Must have been my Tammy. Still have not given it a good workout, but that will have to wait till I can walk. Took a nice fall last night trying to get in the car. Did my best not to land on the bad leg.

BTW. Will be ordering some Zumba clothes for my wife from Mother's Day later.

didn't see any "real" books, just e-books, but here's the list:
    A Beard In Nepal
    I Am Half-Sick of Shadows: A Flavia de Luce Novel
    I Shall Live
    Little Princes: One Man's Promise to Bring Home the Lost Children of Nepal
    The Invisible Bridge (Vintage Contemporaries)
    Through a Window: My Thirty Years with the Chimpanzees of Gombe

but here's the key part of that, 25 total items shipped which landed me at a 6% rate. Electronics only got to 4% but that's still quite good, especially considering we had a tamron 70-200, OM-D and oly 45mm on there this month. Every little bit helps, thanks a ton Sue and the guys with the camera bits!

Member#

A Beard In Nepal
    Jeff's Autobiography?
    Stupidity angers me.
    If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
    NSOP snapshooter

Quote Originally Posted by tbert View Post
    Jeff's Autobiography?
    The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikond300chica/

OM-D and oly 45mm on there this month.

Member#

Gonna def use these links when I order from B&H

nice, thanks!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by jcite View Post
    Gonna def use these links when I order from B&H
    Watcha gettin?

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum