+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Calendars - What's the consensus?

Ordered 300 calendars from printingcenterusa.com again.
    They had a 250 off coupon when spending $1000 so after shipping and tax, I ended up spending $2.76 each.

Waiting on a hard proof before I start accepting orders.

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

Member#

Every business and household in Duluth should have one of those hanging.
    Stupidity angers me.
    If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
    NSOP snapshooter

Quote Originally Posted by tbert View Post
    Every business and household in Duluth should have one of those hanging.
    Ha ha, that would be nice!

Nice Shawn. I have a few more images to process/wade through then I need to cull mine and get going. Luckily I print my own so I can wait as long as I like but I might try to sell some this year as well (I've always just done them as gifts).
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1 View Post
    Nice Shawn. I have a few more images to process/wade through then I need to cull mine and get going. Luckily I print my own so I can wait as long as I like but I might try to sell some this year as well (I've always just done them as gifts).
    Thanks!
    Won't hurt to try and sell them. It can be a good money maker.

I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

They all look good!

Thanks!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Going with http://www.printingcenterusa.com/che...endar-printing again, they have produced some amazing calendars for me and they are consistent year after year. Great quality.
    Last edited by thomps6s; 10-12-2016 at 10:34 AM.

Member#

Nice!

I need to get my **** in gear and make mine.

I need to order some this year... Might call my old work? Or your source looks good Shawn.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Quote Originally Posted by frigidlight View Post
    Nice!

I need to get my **** in gear and make mine.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1 View Post
    I need to order some this year... Might call my old work? Or your source looks good Shawn.
    I love the honestly love the quality of these calendars.

so yeah, just spend 4+ hours yesterday and now another 2 today getting all the PS work done for mine... I'm using printingcenterusa.com who has crazy good prices AND the options I prefer from when I did these myself (drilled, saddlestiched, UC text guts and a gloss cover etc). I think with a 20% discount it ended up being $225 shipped for 50 calendars? It's ULing a 495mb file now...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Damn, that's a good price. How'd you do the design, Ben? Did you start with a template or something?

Quote Originally Posted by frigidlight View Post
    Damn, that's a good price. How'd you do the design, Ben? Did you start with a template or something?
    I do the same with the same company. They have templates you can download. designed my back cover myself using a blank template.

DLed one of their templates. Front cover, back cover and the inside of the back opening of the saddle stitch are all my own design. I use their calendar layout then for each image I make my images have a white bar at the bottom so the 3:2 image isn't cropped to fit on an 8.5x11 page. I then put text under the image with the location name.

With those prices I'm going for 100 at least next year and to wrap them up in October so I can sell them. I've never bothered selling before because I feel "full price" has to be around $15 and "sale price" needs to be around $10. Add in shipping and you're losing money in a hurry normally. But with these being under $5 it might work next year...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum