+ Reply to Thread
Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 197 198 199
Results 9,901 to 9,950 of 9950

Thread: What's your most recent purchase? This thread be dedicated to it.

Member#

I'm not set on the exact bike but more just something with room for wider tires and disc brakes.

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

Quote Originally Posted by frigidlight View Post
    I'm not set on the exact bike but more just something with room for wider tires and disc brakes.

Member#

I remember all my bikes too go sho.

Member#

that fork

that fork
    Lauf forks are rad. Super simple low maintenance designs.

Member#

Count me out. Way out.

+1, yeah, mine is the nashbar 105 steal of the century (it was on sale from their normal price). I'm down to one bike and happy. If we had ridable sand or snow here I'd probably add a fatty but I have no use for it here.

that fork
    Quote Originally Posted by thechickencow View Post
    Count me out. Way out.
    +1

Just ordered these for my son:

worried about the length... They're 145s which is the shortest they make. Elias is 55" tall and 69lbs which puts him at a standard 130cm ski but he's pretty aggressive/fast, I want these to grow with him (two full years plus this spring plus maybe more?) plus they're rocker/camber/rocker skis so they'll ski a little shorter than a true camber ski (I've learned that with mine). IE They're 145cm but maaaaybe 130 is on the snow unless you really load it up so it should work. It's also comical because they're shorty pow skis that are basically the same width as mine... The reason I went with these is they get great reviews and are on sale but also because he LOVES orange and sharks and this has both so yeah, it's just a question of when he'll be able to get on them, this year or next. Also, his sister is on some short ~80s I think and by the chart she should be on 100~110s. Elias is on 110s so he'll hand his down to his sister (repeatedly). And if this works his next pair will be hand me downs from my wife and so on...

here's the bases:
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Iceland flight tickets! We'll be there from July 2nd - July 11th. Flying out July 1st and flying back July 11th. My sister and her family are joining us from Sydney! So 3 camper vans, 2 teenagers, a 6 yr old, a 2 yr old and 4 adults
    We'll most probably go with Kuku campers since they are cheaper than rent.is. Still looking into this.
    The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikond300chica/

Member#

Awesomeness, Su!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyT View Post
    Awesomeness, Su!
    Thanks Bobby! Make that 6 adults So many peeps I lost count..
    The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikond300chica/

awesome Sue!
    Quote Originally Posted by smizar View Post
    We'll most probably go with Kuku campers since they are cheaper than rent.is. Still looking into this.
    factor in when/where you can get your car and miles. Not sure if Kuku is one of the ones who charge miles but a few do (and rent.is does not). We ended up with Rent.is because they're basically the only camper option at the airport and they're open 24/7 where the others you need a bus ride to get there (or maybe they pick you up) but they're not 24/7 and on Wow tickets you get there at 4:30am... So yeah, for us it's well worth going with rent.is. having priced them all including transfers and miles.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Member#

ICE 10 stop for the 16-55 and step up rings to use it on the 50-140, 50-230, and 18-55

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1 View Post
    awesome Sue!

factor in when/where you can get your car and miles. Not sure if Kuku is one of the ones who charge miles but a few do (and rent.is does not). We ended up with Rent.is because they're basically the only camper option at the airport and they're open 24/7 where the others you need a bus ride to get there (or maybe they pick you up) but they're not 24/7 and on Wow tickets you get there at 4:30am... So yeah, for us it's well worth going with rent.is. having priced them all including transfers and miles.
    We ended up getting a rent.is 5 person campervan, since my sister rented out the LAST available Kuku 5-person campervan Comes to the same price (approx) like you said.

Member#

awesome Sue!

^ what he said, the 24/7 hr and unlimited miles was key for me.

PS: if you want a guide I won't even take up that much room, and have a tent to sleep in
    "You can not achieve the impossible with attempting the absurd!" - unknown
    ericgove.com | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by smizar View Post
    We ended up getting a rent.is 5 person campervan, since my sister rented out the LAST available Kuku 5-person campervan Comes to the same price (approx) like you said.
    you better bring it back on time!!!!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyT View Post
    ICE 10 stop for the 16-55 and step up rings to use it on the 50-140, 50-230, and 18-55

You know, I don't use panel filters because I'm lazy but I do miss a 10 stop every once and a while. Not enough to carry around all those plates, mind you, but it would be fun. Now with those magnetic rings things like this could be awesome. I actually don't know why I don't have one for my CP.

Grabbed a copy of my friend Kurt's new fiction book "Resurrection Pass"
    https://www.amazon.com/Resurrection-...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    You know, I don't use panel filters because I'm lazy but I do miss a 10 stop every once and a while. Not enough to carry around all those plates, mind you, but it would be fun. Now with those magnetic rings things like this could be awesome. I actually don't know why I don't have one for my CP.
    I do like the idea of the magnetic rings but not the idea of having to buy a filter per lens. Maybe if they could have a metal ring to which my Nisi setup could attach, but I'm not sure I'd trust magnets to hold the entire thing?

I do like the idea of the magnetic rings but not the idea of having to buy a filter per lens. Maybe if they could have a metal ring to which my Nisi setup could attach, but I'm not sure I'd trust magnets to hold the entire thing?
    step into my office gentlemen... With my fuji's I "needed" to have a ND I could snap on/off my lenses due to the base 200 ISO limit and wanting to shoot wide open in bright light. Once I got xume adapters for that I then also put them on my lee kit so I didn't have to have those massive rings on every lens all the time (makes them harder to store with the lee rings in place). The lee holder WILL fall off. So I tied a noose on mine that I put around the lens when I put it in place so if it did fall off it only fell a few inches before it was dangling from the lens.

now, the other issue you'll run into is vignetting with any wide lenses. If you have a 72mm lens and use a 72mm filter with magnetic rings you'll vignette for sure. Depending on the lens and filter and blah blah blah you can at time use a stepping ring AND Xume rings and make it work. Sometimes the magnets need to be on the lens end, sometimes on the filter end, it depends on a lot of variables and I ended up with a LOT of rings and stepping rings so I could figure out what worked. With my primes I always had a stepping ring on the lens, THEN the xume, then the filter. I also put a metal lens cap on a xume ring so I had a magnetic lenscap as well.

Also, a pipe dream of mine is a panel filter holder where the CP is round and closest to the lens and easy to rotate (like the cokin X-pro) but snaps on with magnets... I've actually made something that slides into my lee holder that's round and I can rotate but it uses a slot not magnets (yet).
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Quote Originally Posted by tehshortbus View Post
    ^ what he said, the 24/7 hr and unlimited miles was key for me.

PS: if you want a guide I won't even take up that much room, and have a tent to sleep in
    Yes. We went with the rent.is. Lets see how it all turns out

Not sure you want to pile into a campervan with a crabby toddler for 9 days!

you better bring it back on time!!!!

Member#

was able to barter some services for a sleeve, this is the lower forearm part. Upper arm/bicep will be in mid April.

ericgove.com | Flickr

Working
    Member#

Quote Originally Posted by tehshortbus View Post
    was able to barter some services for a sleeve, this is the lower forearm part. Upper arm/bicep will be in mid April.

Great!! How many hours of sitting?

Member#

Is the compass operational?
    Stupidity angers me.
    If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
    NSOP snapshooter

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by gks View Post
    Great!! How many hours of sitting?
    total in the chair was 6hours, I have another 6-8hrs for the upper arm.

Quote Originally Posted by tbert View Post
    Is the compass operational?
    If you pick me up and turn me towards north then yes

-Eric
    ericgove.com | Flickr

Member#

Member#

Stupidity angers me.
    NSOP snapshooter

Member#

Got a good trade in deal on the S8+

Member#

Member#

Aaaand another battery for the Hero5 because it doesn't take the same batteries as the old GoPros. I was mad about this until I realized that the new ones last so much longer.

Member#

Amazon offered me free same day shipping so I bought it today.

I own this joint!
    gear list.

Pro
    Member#

Amazon offered me free same day shipping so I bought it today.
    no ****? I've been eyeing one of those for a while. But I need to pick up the the sony alpha first. I'm hoping to be able to get after summer.
    --Bone | FSS | flickr | Gear list | JeffJamesPhoto.com | I'll add more links later...

Member#

For my daughter who is home alone a lot more often now doing her school work.

And a little something for me

Some super old glass plate negatives for $10

Member#

Shawn.
    Stupidity angers me.
    NSOP snapshooter

Oh Shawn, Cleveland glass plates at that.

In a couple weeks is the local huge antique fair where everything is a million dollars and I tell myself I'm not getting anything but end up with a couple photo albums anyway. And then is the big book sale at my alma mater where I do the exact same thing with the same results.

Oh Shawn, Cleveland glass plates at that.

In a couple weeks is the local huge antique fair where everything is a million dollars and I tell myself I'm not getting anything but end up with a couple photo albums anyway. And then is the big book sale at my alma mater where I do the exact same thing with the same results.
    How did you know it was Clevelend? The Auction house name?

Quote Originally Posted by thomps6s View Post
    How did you know it was Clevelend? The Auction house name?
    I KNOW ALL!

(Yeah, the name. They are West side people but we won't hold that against them.)

I KNOW ALL!

(Yeah, the name. They are West side people but we won't hold that against them.)
    I stumbled on them while browsing an online bidding site. I should have them tomorrow or Friday, probably start looking at them next week.

Member#

Finally replaced my set of bluetooth earbuds that broke a while back.

3 boxes filled with 35mm film and a Quick charger for Nikon F2

Member#

Sony 70-300

Yashica T2 with zeiss lens.

nice Dave, I love mine.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Nice Dave!

Working
    Member#

Finally made it to Rhode runner in PVD and bought Mizuno Wave Inspire 13.

Quote Originally Posted by gks View Post
    Finally made it to Rhode runner in PVD and bought Mizuno Wave Inspire 13.

Nice, I just scooped up some Brooks Ghosts 9's I looked at the Mizunos too, they seemed pretty nice.

More Film!

Member#

Found myself missing a lot of things about working with my X-Pro2 during my big shoot last week. But it needs a grip for better handling with the larger lenses.

[IMG

Trying something new. So far I like them.

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum