+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 201 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 LastLast
Results 9,951 to 10,000 of 10014

Thread: What's your most recent purchase? This thread be dedicated to it.

cold-blooded internet insult machine Markitos's Avatar
    Member#

Haven't actually bought it yet, but things are in motion....

2014 FR-S with ~17k miles. After 10 years with the Honda Fit that I killed recently, I'm ready for a more fun car. Isaac is at an age where he's old enough to crawl into the back seat and small enough to contort himself to maybe fit ok, but really, I don't have to transport him all that often, and we have another car if I need to, so.... yeah. Hopefully a few years of some cheap thrills.

“Sharpness is a Bourgeois concept.” -- Henri Cartier-Bresson

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

Member#

Very nice, Mark

awesome mark! Kids fit fine in the back seat. Hell, I fit better in the back of a BRZ than I do in a MINI! They're small but the seats are functional. I keep saying it's my next car after my legacy but it'll be a few years (no reason to replace the legacy). My issue is with being in NE and skiing as much as I do the WRX is the smarter choice and price. But I just WANT a BRZ!!!

also, what happened to the fit?
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

cold-blooded internet insult machine Markitos's Avatar
    Member#

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1 View Post

also, what happened to the fit?
    The plan has been to replace Hanna's car, which was sideswiped by a total douchebag about a month and a half ago, and is having some other issues. The Fit still ran good, but with 167k miles on it, all the trim was starting to come off on the outside, and I was starting to have some clutch pedal and other minor mechanical issues. This was all before I hit a slick spot on an on ramp, spun 180*, and rolled off the road backwards into an embankment at night about a week ago. Hanna's mom was in the hospital at the time so I was driving home from there and just wanted to get home.

When I looked at the car on the side of the road, it looked like the muffler and the back bumper had just been torn off (they were lying on the ground).... but I also had a CEL and my battery died while I was waiting for a tow. My mechanic--who I've been going to my whole Japanese car-owning life--said it looked like there was a lot of stuff wrong (and on a car that's not really worth much anymore). The insurance adjuster is supposed to go look at it today--took longer because of the holiday.

I'm really bummed about it. I've never been super emotionally attached to cars, and even though the Fit was slow and noisy not fun to drive long distances, it was also completely dependable, astonishingly cheap to own, and could fit an incredible amount of stuff, and absorbed a lot of abuse over the years. I will miss it deeply.

I considered a Mazda3, another Fit, or a GTI also as replacements, but ended up finding what looks like a great FR-S. The Mazda3 is the "duh" choice, but I just didn't want to live another 10 years with a dead practical car. I feel like with the FR-S, I still get good mpg and reliability, I still get to take it to our great mechanic who is five miles down the road, and I get to have a super fun car... basically, I get to have my cake and eat it too, except that I won't be able to haul every random thing now... but that's what we have the other car for! Hanna's going to end up replacing her car with my dad's Golf Sportwagen, so we'll have plenty of space in that car.
    “Sharpness is a Bourgeois concept.” -- Henri Cartier-Bresson

Quote Originally Posted by Markitos View Post
    I just didn't want to live another 10 years with a dead practical car.
    This. I got the legacy because it's SUPER comfy and practical and goes 500+ miles to a tank (18.5 gallon tank, 30mpg). I love it for that but it's just so boring to drive. So yeah, future cars would be a wrx or brz type for me, nothing flashy, fancy etc, but just more fun to drive.

Can't wait to see what you think of it mark.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Member#

I heard the BRZ, FR-S are slow as balls and one must completely remove the interior and hold together equipment with zip ties to reduce weight to get any speed from it.

I was looking for something a bit more exciting as well and ended up with a Mazda3 SGT. It is OK for what it is, but not as fun as I'd like.
    Stupidity angers me.
    If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
    NSOP snapshooter

Member#

I decided to get this little tripod for the ballhead on it, the leofoto LH-25. I hope I can separate it from the little legs an attach it to my other tripod. Wasn't able to find it by itself on amazon like Ben did a while back.

Stupidity angers me.
    NSOP snapshooter

Member#

Dude. It literally just came back in stock on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/LEOFOTO-LH-25...LH-25+ballhead

But yes, you can separate the tripod from the legs and it's a great little ballhead.

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by frigidlight View Post
    Dude. It literally just came back in stock on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/LEOFOTO-LH-25...LH-25+ballhead

But yes, you can separate the tripod from the legs and it's a great little ballhead.
    It wasn't there last night

Also, it looks like I only paid 49 for the thing with the legs attached and by itself it is 61?

Wait...It says in stock July 15. It also says sold by Frigid Light company...Hmmm :shifty-eyes: Any relation to them, Dave?
    Last edited by tbert; 07-07-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    Stupidity angers me.
    NSOP snapshooter

Member#

Yeah you definitely got a better deal buying together. I think Ben mentioned that when he bought his.

great ball head, I've got 2~3 of them now?
    $61 seems way steep but the combo has always been a better deal for whatever reason. That's a great small table tripod as well or if you "vlog" it makes a nice selfie style stick w/o looking ridiculous. When I got mine the combo wasn't prime but was cheaper and came in a bit over a week, so still worth it. Now that it's prime even more better.

and yes, the head comes off and will go on another set of legs. Tripod threads/screws are pretty universal and come in either a 1/4-20 size or a 3/4-something but the adapters are litterally a dome a dozen if you need one. The pair you bought probably has one (in use) actually.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

I think it does have the adapter. It feels pretty solid for a small tripod. If anything, my kids will use it for their stop-action lego movies.
    Stupidity angers me.
    NSOP snapshooter

Member#

Picked up a Sigma 19mm 2.8 on the cheap. Can't wait to play with AF prime again!

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by tbert View Post
    Wait...It says in stock July 15. It also says sold by Frigid Light company...Hmmm :shifty-eyes: Any relation to them, Dave?
    Just saw this edit - was wondering if you'd notice. That is indeed me and I've dropped the price to $45 so that it's cheaper than the legs combo.

I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by frigidlight View Post
    Just saw this edit - was wondering if you'd notice. That is indeed me and I've dropped the price to $45 so that it's cheaper than the legs combo.

I am now more confused than a hungry baby in a strip club.

Stupidity angers me.
    NSOP snapshooter

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by tbert View Post

I am now more confused than a hungry baby in a strip club.

Haha!

Member#

I own this joint!
    gear list.

We closed on 5 acres of property yesterday. It's a beautiful, secluded chunk with about 75-80% high ground. Lots of huge white pines and oaks surround the open field buiding site in the back.
    Plan is to build one day, but first we will start by cutting in a driveway. We have a 33' wide easement from Nynas Rd, through the east side of the 5 acres to the North of us.
    We bought it FSBO from an elderly couple, the husband grew up on the original 20 acre farm, this was the last plat.

Member#

Awesome Shawn, where is that at?

Awesome!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

I'm assuming the easement is on the left side of the property?

Congrats! Now you need a tractor!

Quote Originally Posted by thomps6s View Post
    We closed on 5 acres of property yesterday. It's a beautiful, secluded chunk with about 75-80% high ground. Lots of huge white pines and oaks surround the open field buiding site in the back.
    Plan is to build one day, but first we will start by cutting in a driveway. We have a 33' wide easement from Nynas Rd, through the east side of the 5 acres to the North of us.
    We bought it FSBO from an elderly couple, the husband grew up on the original 20 acre farm, this was the last plat.

Quote Originally Posted by thechickencow View Post
    Awesome Shawn, where is that at?
    This is in Esko, small town, amazing school system and 10 minutes to Duluth, 10 Minutes to Cloquet. Perfect location for us.
    Land is generally very expensive here, but we got lucky and scored a very good deal on the property.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1 View Post
    Awesome!
    Thanks! We are pumped!

Quote Originally Posted by a.hoglen View Post
    I'm assuming the easement is on the left side of the property?

Congrats! Now you need a tractor!
    The easement runs on the east side (right side), between the pond on parcel 78-020-8720and parcel 78-020-8725

Member#

Very nice, Shawn!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyT View Post
    Very nice, Shawn!
    Thanks!

Here is a shot from a portable deer stand someone had put up on the property. From the very southwest corner looking North East.
    There are tons of raspberry bushes and a couple apple trees back there too.

That's awesome Shawn! Congrats!
    The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikond300chica/

Member#

Congrats, Shawn!
    Stupidity angers me.
    NSOP snapshooter

Member#

Thats killer Shawn. Esko is a nice spot to be, away from all the Duluth hoodlums.

so I bought an xbox one s. We have a switch and have been waiting for "steep" to come out since launch. E3 had zero info except that it might be cancelled and that nintendo is helping it along maybe... So I started looking at options and ended up with an xbox one s with the second controller from gamestop (cheapest option for 2 controllers system and game). Funny thing is we started with Forza horizon 3 and haven't bought anything else yet.... I'm LOVING horizon! It's the perfect blend of GT, zelda/wandering/role playing and an arcade racer. The graphics are amazing. The cars are fun. Tuning/modding is all there. But the kids can sit down and just drive around and have fun. Perfect blend for us. Might also lead to me getting forza 7 but we'll see... I'll also be getting steep and battlefront for it but we're going with one game at a time until it gets stale...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Bought this from a coworker for $350. It has only been ridden 3 times. Includes a bottle cage, bike pump, helmet, gloves, tool bag & tools, and bike shorts. Everything is brand new.
    IMG_20170821_173147 by Brian Harrington, on Flickr

Member#

Looks like a good deal.
    Stupidity angers me.
    NSOP snapshooter

I think so, it's a 2015 Specialized Sirrus Sport.

Nice!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Pro
    Member#

i went nuts and got a new computer... This thing is crazy good, really has been awesome to have a versatile computer like this and one that I can use an entire just practically without having to recharge. I haven't gotten adobe master collection installed on it just yet but that's next on my list. I need to get that on here soon. I've been considering buying the full version but IDK. I'll have to see what can be done about that. This computer took a large chunk out of my pocket for now. Thankfully the College staff discount was nice for the microsoft store. I got nearly 300 off the price tag just for that.

WIN_20170831_20_32_43_Pro by Jeff Rambo, on Flickr

I've only been using it for a few days now but it's been a huge benefit to have this computer and be able to do all my data processing from anywhere, it works great tethering it to my phone to be able to work off of my data when I'm not able to be in an office. Can't wait to do some video editing on this thing, should be quite nice. My old laptop was able to do it but it was seriously struggling lately.

I know I haven't been on here in quite some time but work and school has had me going insane the last year. I was promoted once already in the last 8 months and about to hit another promotion here shortly as well. Though the next promotion means I'll probably have all the more work to do... lol.
    Last edited by Bone; 08-31-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    --Bone | FSS | flickr | Gear list | JeffJamesPhoto.com | I'll add more links later...

Member#

Roundtrip flights to Utah the second week of October and 3 nights at Zion Watchman campground. I'm going to spend an entire week down there hiking with my brother. Can't wait!

Member#

One of these to use with my GoPro while hiking. I'm debating buying another gimbal to attach to it but haven't decided yet. I'll have to test out the footage with this first.

I found ANY gopro body mount sucks and I was alway better with it in my hands/on a (ski) pole so I'd bet the gimbal works best. Good luck and that trip sounds rad!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Agreed - I have a handheld gimbal but I want both hands free for things like Angels Landing or slot canyons with ****ty footing. That mount was cheap from Amazon so we'll see how it works before throwing down on the $200 gimbal.

anyway to mount your gimbal to your body?
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Nope, not the one I have. GoPro's gimbal can slot into a backpack strap mount so I might pick that one up and sell my DJI as a comparison for the trip.

Pro
    Member#

I might have to add a generator or 2 and lots of tarps to my list of items to order up with this hurricane about to hit my state...
    --Bone | FSS | flickr | Gear list | JeffJamesPhoto.com | I'll add more links later...

Member#

Pro
    Member#

Nice dude

Working
    Member#

Nice

Member#

I think you can gimbal on that chest mount with some of them, if you are on nasioc shikgani or whatever has one he uses for mtb videos that seems pretty solid.

I use a chest mount like that for occasional mtb videos.

Member#

Very nice, Migs

nice Migs!

Bone, you make it?
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Pro
    Member#

Quote Originally Posted by thechickencow View Post
    I think you can gimbal on that chest mount with some of them, if you are on nasioc shikgani or whatever has one he uses for mtb videos that seems pretty solid.

I use a chest mount like that for occasional mtb videos.
    mtb?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    mtb?
    Mountain bike.

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum