+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 201 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your most recent purchase? This thread be dedicated to it.

Member#

• Advertising

advertising
      newschoolofphotography.com
      has no influence on the ads
      that Google displays.

wow, looks a but too big eh?
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

New summer tires!

Envy Photography
    Flickr
    Art is vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it.

Tokie 11-16 2.8

which tires are those? they look like my ecsta spt's

a second cowl for the 12-24mm to make a filter holder with. Weird, the sigma system has 2 parts listed, neither with a picture... I put one in my cart, it was $10. Put the other in, it was $30, added the first in again a second time, it was $30 then too.... Deleted all but the $10 version and submitted the order, we'll see what happens.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.
    yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

Member#

yes
    --Jeff ||gear||My Site
    Quote Originally Posted by ride5000 View Post
    your camera takes nice pictures!

Just got 'em today.

whoa, nice!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Yeah, I'm jealous!!

I just purchased 2 flights from Boston to Paris for 8 days with hotel.
    I only paid $170 for the whole trip valued at more than $4,600!!
    Gotta love frequent flier miles and hotel points!!

WHOA!!!!
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by Dragicon View Post
    Just got 'em today.

words can't explain how jealous I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoLS View Post
    Dude, nice to see you! Hope you're doing well!
    Gear List
    Flickr

Member#

I just ordered an Amvona plexiglass shooting table, which is on sale for $27 today. Should be here early next week.

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by Kilonad View Post
    I just ordered an Amvona plexiglass shooting table, which is on sale for $27 today. Should be here early next week.

we have the same thing almost in the studio a school, but almost all the clips are cracked or broken, so we have bigger metal ones.
    Gear List
    Flickr

^ the "table" and plexi are worth the $42 alone though... You can get HD or even harbor freight clips if needed... I'm seriously tempted Geoff...
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

-A

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen1 View Post
    WHOA!!!!
    Yeah, that the nice perks I get for being away from home all the time. I'm now starting to use them. I used Marriott points for this last weekend in NYC, and got upgraded to a Junior Suite! I didn't expect an upgrade with not paying for the room!

Quote Originally Posted by Tylersladen View Post
    You know, the more I look at that purchase, the more jealous I'm getting!!

That looks really nice, where did you order it from?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post
    Nice phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Will 46 and 2 View Post
    Yeah, that the nice perks I get for being away from home all the time. I'm now starting to use them. I used Marriott points for this last weekend in NYC, and got upgraded to a Junior Suite! I didn't expect an upgrade with not paying for the room!
    if you've got enough points for crap like that, someone is paying for the room, just not you directly. And yeah, the away from home part has it's pluses and minuses I'm sure. I used to travel a bit for work before Elias was born and it was nice then, but I'd hate it now I'm sure.

That looks really nice, where did you order it from?
    http://newschoolofphotography.com/crazy-deals/23397-24x51-plexiglass-shooting-table-$27.html
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

Just bought a case of wine - Local vineyard near my parents house -

Not my pic but 3 bottles of this one in the case

Dave Mitchell
    Gear

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo View Post

-A
    Damn! I can't wait til they come out for Verizon.
    --Jeff ||gear||My Site
    Quote Originally Posted by ride5000 View Post
    your camera takes nice pictures!

if you've got enough points for crap like that, someone is paying for the room, just not you directly. And yeah, the away from home part has it's pluses and minuses I'm sure. I used to travel a bit for work before Elias was born and it was nice then, but I'd hate it now I'm sure.

http://newschoolofphotography.com/crazy-deals/23397-24x51-plexiglass-shooting-table-$27.html
    Yeah, I our children were small like Elias, I wouldn't have taken the job but our children are 16, 16 & 14. I text and IM them all day, it's almost like I'm home...almost.

I really want this...but I don't need it or have room for it.

whoa, nice!
    Yeah, I'm jealous!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylersladen View Post
    I had to pay "full" price for the d300s, but the lenses were 20-33% off using the current nikon rebates. Unfortunately, it was still a massive chunk of change.

Yeah it was!!
    But it will be well worth it!!

Yeah, I our children were small like Elias, I wouldn't have taken the job but our children are 16, 16 & 14. I text and IM them all day, it's almost like I'm home...almost.
    I year that, but yeah, at least they're not changing massively week to week...
    I really want this...but I don't need it or have room for it.
    I don't see anything?
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Sorry, the table from the link you sent.

yeah, I passed as well. That site rotates through stuff a lot, so it'll be up again at some point. I'm loving the softbox I just got from them and WILL end up with that table eventually, just not today.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Quote Originally Posted by nate49509 View Post
    New summer tires!
    Nice, I need to get me some tires too

Just got 'em today.
    I had to pay "full" price for the d300s, but the lenses were 20-33% off using the current nikon rebates. Unfortunately, it was still a massive chunk of change.
    More like mountain of cash! Congrats!

Ahhh, I was wondering what that 'table' was all about, wish I had room, looks cool.
    Arnold's pictures | Gear list
    LinkedIN | Follow me | Facetube
    save $5 on smugmug BkJss7y7GHmZg

Member#

Got these yesterday for the bike:

Member#

Ordered like 20 of these in a few sizes, lots of baby stuff needs batteries:

Member#

AT&T 3G MicroCell

Full bars in my office FTW.

http://www.rei.com/product/800127

I used my dividend and 20% off coupon to get that shipped to the RI store so it's ~$30 out of pocket. I love my TT UD30 but I DON'T have a good harness for it. A TT harness would cost the same as that mountainsmith bag, plus the TT doesn't have a great attachment option so I figured what the hell and I'll try it. My only concern is it's only 4" deep and I'd like my body to fit in it WITH the grip as I use that when I ski... But the UD30 is 4.25" thick and works so I'm hoping this will as well.

Honestly though, the reason I picked this up is one of my arch clients told me over the weekend there's a "very good chance" I'll be shooting one of his projects from a helicopter "in a few weeks"... So I didn't want my mickey mouse TT solution on a paid shoot like that and it was either this for ~$30 or a much more expensive TT solution that wouldn't have done anything any better.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

New Turntable! This one offers a USB connection to capture music to your computer, along with software to remove all the cracks and pops from old vinyl. (I actually bought this to help my grandmother, she has a couple of old records her friends recorded in the 1940's, and for some reason they are not available on CD.)

Member#

Sweet Ben!

Here's mine - Mercruiser upper pinion gear. Hopefully the last part I need to put the outdrive back together. $140 on ebay brand new. You can't buy them from Merc single anymore and the set is $900.

Dave Mitchell
    Gear

Member#

Quote Originally Posted by Idjiit View Post
    AT&T 3G MicroCell

thats so awesome
    Gear List
    Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by JERM View Post
    New Turntable! This one offers a USB connection to capture music to your computer, along with software to remove all the cracks and pops from old vinyl. (I actually bought this to help my grandmother, she has a couple of old records her friends recorded in the 1940's, and for some reason they are not available on CD.)

Awesome!
    But those cracks and pops are nice sometimes.

Member#

Awesome!
    But those cracks and pops are nice sometimes.
    keyword, SOMETIMES lolol
    Gear List
    Flickr

Member#

AT&T 3G MicroCell

Switch to Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint (hell, ANY other provider really) and you won't need a signal booster to get full bars.

Member#

I couldn't get full bars in my office with Verizon. It got better with AT&T and the iPhone. My office is in the back of a 50 ft long condo made of brick.

Working
    Member#

Resisting the urge to buy road pedals for it and just reuse my MTB ones. blahhh
    ~Tom

Member#

Datacolor SpyderCube. Great review of it here: http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/r...pydercube.html

I knew it was going to be small, which will come in handy for bodyscapes and stuff, but it's almost too small for normal usage. I really like the black trap and the chrome ball (makes me wish Lightroom had eyedroppers for setting black points and white points), and I love the concept of simultaneously measuring the white balance for both key and fill in mixed lighting conditions, but the cube faces are so small that I can see flare becoming a real problem for computing white balance in normal scenes. On the other hand, the black trap helps you figure out what your black levels really should be, which helps when you're shooting against a bright white seamless background. The other big issue is that the faces are slightly textured and a bit shiny which I don't like, since that gives it a bit too much of a specular component.

I guess I just wish that they made it in two or three different sizes, with the current size being the smallest option. I'd love to have one about the size of a coffee mug, with more of a matte finish on the faces. I'll post my own review later.

Switch to Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint (hell, ANY other provider really) and you won't need a signal booster to get full bars.
    I agree with Sam, it depends on where you live. We had verizon and couldn't get ANY bars in our house because of trees. We switched to AT&T and now get a signal, but it still sucks enough we drop calls all the time. Walk 1 house down my street in any direction and it gets better. I'd get one of those if they were available here and less expensive as it would mean we could skip a land line.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Member#

I couldn't get full bars in my office with Verizon. It got better with AT&T and the iPhone. My office is in the back of a 50 ft long condo made of brick.
    I agree with Sam, it depends on where you live. We had verizon and couldn't get ANY bars in our house because of trees. We switched to AT&T and now get a signal, but it still sucks enough we drop calls all the time. Walk 1 house down my street in any direction and it gets better. I'd get one of those if they were available here and less expensive as it would mean we could skip a land line.
    Yeah, it depends largely on where you are... you east coast guys get better AT&T than we do here in CO. I just have to bash AT&T every chance I get because I had such a ****ty time with them and they still advertise that they have the best coverage.

Member#

WooHoo! Should get these next week, I went for the free shipping.
    Chelsea | ChizzlePix | Gear

Yeah, it depends largely on where you are... you east coast guys get better AT&T than we do here in CO. I just have to bash AT&T every chance I get because I had such a ****ty time with them and they still advertise that they have the best coverage.
    funny, here we see ads saying how much better Verizon's coverage is. AT&T ads tell us how much faster their 3G is.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

To go with lunch today.

Chadwick
    my flickr

Just bought 4 records at Newbury Comics!

Led Zeppelin - Mothership 180g 4LP Box Set

The Clash - Live at Shea Stadium 180g LP

Norah Jones - The Fall 180g LP

Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales LP

Member#

I bought a replacement lens for this for the moto:

I was going to upgrade the stock lights to HID rather than replace, but I don't feel like messing with it now that the baby's here, that can be a winter project next year if I still want to do it then.

Will, that Jack Johnson album is rad. Pandora found it for me and I love it.
    I own this joint!
    gear list.

Cool, I've always been a fan of his, just never had any of his music. No better time to start than now!

+ Reply to Thread Go Back to forum