PDA

View Full Version : New sections:

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

jacobsen1
12-04-2007, 01:33 PM
OK, great ideas with the "Meets" and "Locations" sections guys. How do we want this implemented?

Under General?
A new category?
Do we want one for Meets and another for Locations, or one for both?
I was thinking we could add a "Regional" category, then "Meets" and "Locations" under that. I'd prefer to avoid actual regional forums (IE NESIC, MAIC, TEXIC) until absolutely needed just because I hate the way great threads go unnoticed in them if you're not from there (like the photo threads in regions on NASIOC).

Suggestions on how to implement it?

Stime187
12-04-2007, 01:40 PM
The concensus(sp?) seems to be to add a Locations & Meets forum as one unit, at least for now.

I'd say put it as its own forum under General.

I wouldn't worry about any other additions for now. And I agree about the regional forums, I'd prefer them as down the road as possible... I don't think I've ever gone to half of 'em on Nasioc.

jacobsen1
12-04-2007, 01:42 PM
my only issue is meets and locations have 2 very different subject, so why lump them together? But I can easily make them both under general and see where it goes from there.

Anyone against having separate meets and locations?

jacobsen1
12-04-2007, 01:48 PM
have fun:
http://www.newschoolofphotography.com/forum/index.php?board=23.0
I figure I can split it and or make a category for it later if we feel the need.

Stime187
12-04-2007, 01:49 PM
my only issue is meets and locations have 2 very different subject, so why lump them together? But I can easily make them both under general and see where it goes from there.

Anyone against having separate meets and locations?

I personally want separate, a meets forum and a locations forum.

Others just seemed to want to lump them together when I suggested it.

But yeah, I'm with you... separate.

subimatt
Either way, I think the initial idea of combining them was to make things more active, however since the whores(myself included) are multiplying there may not be a need.

tardypizza
How are they different? We're meeting at a location.

Meet: Hey everyone, let's meet here because this is a great place to shoot!

I say keep them together as that will generate more traffic for a single forum.

jacobsen1
12-04-2007, 02:37 PM
locations would be like trip reports and good spots to shoot specific things.
meets would be about getting together with other members (possibly at a location).