PDA

View Full Version : A couple ideas

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

tizzle
07-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I think it would be pretty cool to have something on the main page that showed the most recently posted images, or random images out of a member gallery.

Once the forum gets busier, some more specific categories such as nature, landscape, people, etc.

tardypizza
07-05-2007, 12:47 PM
That's a great idea, but that may be pushing the web-design knowledge base we have between us here at NSOP.

Anyone know of any stand-alone freeware that does something similar? Otherwise it would mean some custom php code that queries the database for recent additions. And that already is beyond my internet skillz.

jacobsen1
07-09-2007, 10:40 AM
yeah, I'm all for it if someone knows how to do it...
:lol:

jblaze5779
07-09-2007, 10:59 AM
In the end it might be easier and faster just to hire a monkey to randomly select the image of the day.

tardypizza
07-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Hmmm, I wonder how hard it would be to put something like this slideshow together:
http://advrider.com/

It was all done in flash, which wouldn't be terribly difficult (give me a few weeks to teach myself!!). The only thing I wouldn't know right off the bat is how to easily add images to the slideshow once you publish the swf file. Does anyone know if there's an easy to use piece of freeware that does something similar?

jacobsen1
07-10-2007, 08:23 AM
simpleviewer is close, you'd just need to automate it to do a slideshow. The other issue is it would be awesome to set it up to automatically grab images from out gallery2...

That is a great idea, but also where would you put it as an intro, going into the main site, the forums, both, or what?

tardypizza
07-10-2007, 10:01 AM
The hardest part is, of course, figuring out how to do it in the first place! Then you can figure out if you want it as an intro or simply imbedded in the main page or the forums.

jacobsen1
07-10-2007, 10:06 AM
:lol:
pretty much.
my road trip pics have top priority right now though.
Days 1, 2 and 3 are "done"... Working on 4 now.

tizzle
08-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I'll talk to the guy on nwphotographers.net, because he has this kind of setup on his site now

JD
08-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Once the forum gets busier, some more specific categories such as nature, landscape, people, etc.

+1

I'd love to be more active, but work has been killing me :(