Camera Gear Rentals   

Rallyroo
11-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Currently:
-I use my Lowepro Minitrekker for my camera the most
-separate laptop bag for laptop
-I'm keeping these bags

Want:
-But, on the occasion I want to consolidate laptop + camera and deal with just one bag (i.e. when flying and I want my laptop, and I don't leave my camera or laptop sitting in cars)
-Considering either a full-time backpack or full-time roller
-Don't want a backpack-roller combo. The roller adds too much bulk to the backpack, or the backpack adds too much bulk to the roller.

Any suggestions?

Colorblinded
11-21-2007, 06:15 PM
I just picked up a Tenba Shootout which holds my 1D MK II, 17-40 4L, 100 2.8 Macro USM and 70-200 2.8L plus up to a 17" laptop and some other goodies. It's a shoulder bag though, but works well for flying and has a nice access zipper for just the laptop as well as other compartments and pouches.

Rallyroo
11-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I use shoulder bags when I go lightweight; camera + 1 lens. But when I would like to take a set up of:

D200 (I'm glad I got rid of the D1x)
17-35/2.8
70-200/2.8
plus some other lens
SB-800

It will tire my shoulder out. Tacking on the weight of a laptop, oh, that sounds unbearable. Short term, okay, but long term, not okay.

Colorblinded
11-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Well it's not something I use for extended times, although the padding on the strap makes it quite comfortable. For flying it seems so far like the fairly ideal bag and based on what you're carrying it may very well work for you too. Tenba also has some backpacks and after checking out their gear, I really like their approach to a laptop+camera bag because it doesn't make many compromises in trying to do either correctly. I haven't see a Lowepro or other bag do it as nicely as this Tenba has.

Dogged
12-01-2007, 11:27 PM
You might want to check out the Think Tank offerings. I have the Think Tank Airport International, which is what I use to carry camera gear when I fly. It is really terrific. If I were to start over again, I would probably go primarily with Think Tank cases. I am using mostly Lowepro.

mkfotos
12-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Cyberpack 6. Big enough to even hold a 400mm f/2.8 IS L, 1D body, laptop, a couple more lenses, and accessories.

Rallyroo
12-02-2007, 01:55 PM
Cyberpack 6. Big enough to even hold a 400mm f/2.8 IS L, 1D body, laptop, a couple more lenses, and accessories.

So my request would be, if I buy the bag, does it come with the free accessories like a 400/2.8? :P

Now if only I had a 400/2.8 to go with the bag.

kensington
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I like the Crumplers, I have a December Quarter (no longer made) but the Brazillion Dollar Home looks nice. It's a shoulder bag not a backpack, they have some nice backpacks too.

http://www.crumplerbags.com/Cart/Resources/CartResources/277_res/b277_o10462_ai717.jpg

case sensitive
12-16-2007, 08:21 AM
I've got three different backpacks. Two I picked up from ebay, both cheap. One is too big for me and all the gear I currently have. The second is sized just right but doesn't have a spot to tie up a tripod to.

I recently picked up a kelti riff daypack. it is sized perfectly for what I want to do, will hold all my lenses in the little pouches in one of the pockets, and my cameras and laptop in the main part. Yeah, it's not really a camera bag, but it works great, is lighter than any other pack I've got, and holds all my stuff.

PSUmech
12-16-2007, 09:34 PM
I have a Naneu Pro Military Ops Tango bag (http://www.naneupro.com/products/mo-t/). It is actually a great laptop/camera shoulder bag. It has a nice size laptop compartment and can hold a decent amount of camera gear.

I'm actually thinking about selling it, let me know if you are interested.

SlvrScoobie
12-23-2007, 07:24 PM
What about the Lowe Pro compu-trekker
carries my 20D, w/ 24-70 mounted, 10-22, 70-200 2.8 Is, 100 macro, second body and 15" laptop in a seperate padded enclosure agaisnt the back.. fits air travel and lots of gear..
This is what ill be bringing with me to San Jose in Jan
http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/allWeather/CompuTrekker_AW.aspx

billd92
01-22-2008, 06:58 AM
I have a Naneu Pro Military Ops Tango bag (http://www.naneupro.com/products/mo-t/). It is actually a great laptop/camera shoulder bag. It has a nice size laptop compartment and can hold a decent amount of camera gear.

I'm actually thinking about selling it, let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for the link, i'm thinking about ordering the Naneu Pro Military Ops Echo (http://www.naneupro.com/products/mo-e/). for a travel/light duty bag.
Thanks! ;)

Colorblinded
01-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Look in to Lowepro and Tenba backpacks. I think they make some of the best backpacks that are reasonably affordable. There are better ones but they are pricy.

billd92
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
I just ordered a Tenba Travelite S5 bag over the weekend, but I really like the look of theNaneu Pro Military Ops Echo bag. Its a backback with only one strap. I think it will be good to carry on vacation. vacation... :eek:
I'll check out the Lowepro and Tenba backpacks also.
Thanks