PDA

View Full Version : Threads remaining "Unread"

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

TurbojonLS
11-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Anyone else have this problem? I log on, read some threads, log out, then when I get back on the next day the same threads I read yesterday are still showing unread?

Ben's belly shots is a good example. Even though the last post was October 22 or 23, it keeps telling me that I haven't read it. This happens on multiple computers.

jacobsen1
11-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Weird...
I read the forum from 3 different computers. All use FF. Provided I log in, anything I've read is not new, only the new stuff is new. How do you get to "read" versus "unread"? I go by the http://www.newschoolofphotography.com/forum/Themes/SlickPro_Graphite/images/new_some.gif icon then whatever's bold in that subforum...

TurbojonLS
11-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Weird...
I read the forum from 3 different computers. All use FF. Provided I log in, anything I've read is not new, only the new stuff is new. How do you get to "read" versus "unread"? I go by the http://www.newschoolofphotography.com/forum/Themes/SlickPro_Graphite/images/new_some.gif icon then whatever's bold in that subforum...

Exactly the same way. One computer is on FF, the other is IE.

LucKie355
11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Mine does the same thing. If I don't read a thread, leave the forum, come back a day later, it will still show as unread. I never really thought too much of it because it doesn't really bother me. There's another forum I'm on that does the same thing.

I actually kind of like them still showing up as "new" even though I've logged on and off. I hate it when I sign onto Nabisco for only a minute to check one thing and when I come back all the threads I didn't read are marked as read.

-K

TurbojonLS
11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Actually, the problem I'm having is that threads I read are still showing as "unread" even if I've read them.

Colorblinded
11-05-2007, 08:32 PM
I only see threads I haven't read as showing up new or unread. If I don't care, I can just click to mark them all as read.

LucKie355
11-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Actually, the problem I'm having is that threads I read are still showing as "unread" even if I've read them.

Ah, ok. Reading comprehension > me.

-K

tardypizza
11-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I never log out and I have no problems at work or at home.

jblaze5779
11-05-2007, 10:34 PM
I never log out and I've noticed the same problem on both my work and home computers

distorto
11-10-2007, 02:51 PM
i log out and i haven't noticed the same problem at home or work.