PDA

View Full Version : Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW $79.99 shipped!

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

iunno
10-05-2007, 07:08 PM
http://www.cameralandny.com/cameragear/lowepro.pl?page=loweproslingshot300aw

choose DHL ground to get it shipped for free.

same bag at b&h is $109.95:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/468610-REG/Lowepro_35017_SlingShot_300_AW_Bag.html

jacobsen1
10-05-2007, 11:55 PM
and it still isn't worth it....

My $.02:
the sling concept is awesome, but LowePro's implementation sucks. It's too small to fit enough in there, and it's very uncomfortable to wear on any real distances with what does fit due to the one strap. A shoulder bag is just as comfortable and much easier to use. I'm working on making my own sling back, but that work like a real backpack when in use (2 straps, take one off to sling) because then you can carry it correctly, but also get in it w/o setting it down. Whoever designed the sling packs for LowePro has never done any serious hiking, I'll tell you that much...

/rant

tardypizza
10-06-2007, 01:36 AM
I just don't like the idea of sling bags in the first place. They're too trendy. They remind me of those god awful slanty girl shirts that have one normal sleeve but the other shoulder is exposed like a half halter top. I'm glad I don't see those any more.

Thanks for the heads up, nonetheless.

jblaze5779
10-06-2007, 09:29 AM
I have the 100 and I thought it would be perfect for what I was looking for. I wanted something small and compact that fit all my gear tightly and was convenient to carry around. It does all these things but as my gear grows I've quickly run out of space.

The sling design is cool but it constantly flies over my shoulder every time I bend over. Most of the time I end up carrying it around by the main or top strap.

The bag is alright but if I had the immediate funds or need I'd be looking for something else.

iunno
10-06-2007, 09:48 AM
word. it looked like it was rated pretty good and at 80 bucks i figured it was a good deal, i'm glad you guys gave me your opinions or i would have bought something stupid like that.

jblaze5779
10-06-2007, 01:21 PM
the bag really is a good concept (which is why I bought it) but it gets annoying after awhile. I've been keeping my eye out on craigslist for something better but I'll still use this bag until I find something.