PDA

View Full Version : Help in photoshop

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

bikefreax
07-08-2012, 07:53 PM
OK guys I am having a brain fart. In the past I have opened up multiple images in photoshop and used the eraser to erase and show something in the picture under it. I did my WRX with one picture of the car, the other picture with the hood up and then I erased and it showed a picture with kind of an invisable hood with the motor showing. I have also don several shots of me on different parts of a swingset and when done it was one picture with me in all spots. I am having a brain fart as to how I did this. Any help?

Mrs.COS
07-09-2012, 02:01 AM
Opacity?

geist
07-09-2012, 03:03 AM
quick mask? layer blending?

ride5000
07-09-2012, 11:31 AM
well, you definitely need layers

porschewrx
07-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I am having a brain fart as to how I did this. Any help?
If you have Light room edit the pics you want to use then select all of them>right click edit in>at the bottom open as layers in Photoshop. Once in Photoshop> edit >auto align layers. From there it all depends on what you are working on but that should get you going. If you don't have Light Room? Can't really help you there, but I do remember opening each pic drawing a box around it >edit>copy>go to the background pic >Paste but that is time consuming so there must be a better way.

VicRSTi
07-24-2012, 07:20 PM
google "layer masks". There are lots of tutorials available online.

paste layer on top of your background layer. Click on layer mask button at the bottom of your layers list. "paint" the area you don't want with a black brush. "paint" the area you want to keep with a white brush. This is a lot more flexible than using the eraser tool since this allows you to repaint your mask layer in black/white anytime you want.

rinse repeat for all other layers you want to add.