PDA

View Full Version : Thread Thumbnails:

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

jacobsen1
09-28-2011, 04:47 PM
added a new mod today, it'll show the first image in a post as a "thumbnail" on the forum index. Check out the lightbox section to see how it works. If you (or a mod) edits the OP, old threads will get the thumb to show up. If you make a new thread it should work right away.

:wave:

frigidlight
09-28-2011, 04:58 PM
I like it...but it seems like it's loading a scaled down version of the full size image?

jacobsen1
09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
yeah, it is. I can set it up where it uses a supplied image instead of the first, then we'd have to supply our own link to a thumb (or full size). It didn't seem too slow with my connection, and it's an option in your settings to turn it off if it becomes and issue. ;)

simmda00
09-29-2011, 08:59 AM
I like the change man. Cool idea.

Reed Goodwin
10-03-2011, 01:18 AM
Cool mod. I'm kinda on the fence about it, though. It is neat and lets you get a hint of the thread content, but at the same time, it feels a little cluttered. Mebbe it'll just take some getting used to...
Reed

Lonnie Utah
10-03-2011, 01:52 AM
Makes loading when reading the forums on my phone REALLY slow.

frigidlight
10-03-2011, 02:24 AM

This is what I was concerned about when I asked about loading times above.

jacobsen1
10-03-2011, 07:25 AM

yeah, I need to sort out how to turn it off for mobile browsing. And I agree with reed to an extent, it's a tad bit cluttered, they need to at least be centered. There's another way to do it where the USER has to supply the link, and they can link and actual thumb (if they have access to one). That would at least load faster... and I know I have access to square thumbs...