PDA

View Full Version : Amazing results with filters (and a handholding tutorial)

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

sulli.gibson
04-17-2011, 07:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0VBsT-Zi0&feature=related

I thought it was pretty insane what this photographer achieved with a gold and blue polarizer and a reverse grad. Almost too much for me. It's also a nice tutorial for handholding filters. Check it out.

You can skip to 3:22 for the comparison if you're lazy.

Stime187
04-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Interesting video but man, that comparison, specifically the after shot, looks awful. And, I'm not convinced those are both in-camera images.

Dave6265
04-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Very interesting to watch... but I dont know if I really like his shots. I'm more a fan of the natural looking shots than what he was showing.

Thanks for posting it! :)

jacobsen1
04-17-2011, 11:18 PM
you guys are missing the point he makes at the end... Sure, if you're just shooting natural landscapes this isn't very natural. But as he points out at the end, if you're shooting for a client and they need a shot at a very specific time, using that polarizer could make (as he said) lemons out of lemonade. I was 100% against it going into the video, but that point at the end would have me buying one of I shot stuff where I'd use it for clients...

Markitos
04-18-2011, 09:35 AM
I dunno, man... he's going WAY heavy with the grad, and his "example" with no filters was WB waaaay too cold, almost like a cyanotype. I get what he's saying, but those are not really great examples, IMO. I do kind of like the effect of the gold/blue polarizer, though.