PDA

View Full Version : google ads on the forum?

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

jacobsen1
09-21-2010, 04:15 PM
do you guys even see them?
do they bother you?
have you logged out recently?
would it bother you if I added them in the top right under your PM box to the right of the logo?

danm
09-21-2010, 04:17 PM
do you guys even see them? not right now

do they bother you? no

have you logged out recently? yes, then i log back in cause ads suck

would it bother you if I added them in the top right under your PM box to the right of the logo? yes, yes it would

jacobsen1
09-21-2010, 04:25 PM
yes, then i log back in cause ads suck

well at least they're serving that purpose... :lol:

yes, yes it would

yeah, I don't think users ever click on them anyway, so I'm doubting it'll help much. But I'm playing with either moving the header one up and right more, or adding one up there....

thomps6s
09-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Wouldn't bother me if there was a small one up on the upper right.

bryanj87
09-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Wouldn't bother me if there was a small one up on the upper right.

+1

JERM
09-21-2010, 08:44 PM
I see the ads if I don't log in. (I log out everytime, pip. ;))
They don't really bother me, except that sometimes there are two in a row.

jjswee
09-21-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't see anything right now and no it wouldn't bother me. I probably wont click on them though, maybe sometimes. Will adblock remove them?

jacobsen1
09-21-2010, 08:56 PM
They don't really bother me, except that sometimes there are two in a row.

are those the ones in the threads though? And if so, are those threads threads with only one post? I have 4 ads on the forum total right now, header (goes away when logged in), footer (always there), then one after the FIRST post of each thread (only if not logged in) and one as the LAST post on each page of a thread (also goes away). I guess those last two could show back to back if there's only 1 post in a thread?

Will adblock remove them?

I think so...

and that's the thing, most everyone here is a pretty old school forum user, so ads are something we're all used to and don't click. IF we even see them. So what's the point of adding more ads if NO ONE will click them? Eventually the site might get big enough and have enough newer members that some members actually click though?

jjswee
09-21-2010, 09:21 PM
I never noticed the bottom one. Wow. Add the google ad up top. Some of us won't even see it, and most shouldn't be bothered by it. Google really likes when you put ads up top.

JERM
09-22-2010, 09:07 AM
are those the ones in the threads though? And if so, are those threads threads with only one post? I have 4 ads on the forum total right now, header (goes away when logged in), footer (always there), then one after the FIRST post of each thread (only if not logged in) and one as the LAST post on each page of a thread (also goes away). I guess those last two could show back to back if there's only 1 post in a thread?

In the threads, yes.
I've never paid attention to how many posts were in the thread, but it seems like there might be two in a row even if there are multiple posts. :?:

tbert
09-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Chances are I won't even see them with ABP, so why not if it helps the forum?
As it is, I never even see the one at the bottom.