PDA

View Full Version : Set default image on Flickr

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

NickSchietromo
05-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Is there an easier way to set a different default "set" pic? I always end up re-arranging the set and deleting the picture they set and then re upload it. Help? thanks!

Kilonad
05-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Open up the set in Organizr, then drag and drop the pic you want onto the set thumbnail on the left.

jm2e
06-14-2010, 11:27 AM
This took me a few minutes to figure out, 'cause I'm dumz.
For future searchers, I'll spell it out for ya:
1. Opin your Flikr
2. Clicks on the down arrow that goes with the "Organize & Create" menu bar
3. Select "Your Sets" from this drop down menu
4. Clicks on the Set you want to modify.
5. When the Set is open, the default thumbnail will be off to the left and all the pics will be on the right.
6. Drag one of the pics from the right to the thumbnail on the left and it will replace the current default.
7. Congradluationes, you are now as awesome as me on the interwebz!

Bone
06-14-2010, 11:37 AM
I just figured this out a couple days ago myself. It's pretty tight. I just would like the little avatars for the albums to be a little bigger. Just seems to be a bit too small.

NickSchietromo
06-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks fellas

jm2e
06-28-2010, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know how to have just your Sets displayed on your main Flickr page? Seems like that'd be more logical than just your most recent downloads. Or at least, a much smaller emphasis on photostream and larger emphasis on Sets?

thechickencow
06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Go to your photostream, then at the bottom there's something like "Do you know you can change the layout of this page?"

click that, and there are options.

jm2e
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Actually, the options are as follows:
(with "images" referring to the photostream and "photostream" referring to whatever was most recently uploaded):
Small images only = three rows of images and no Sets
Medium images only = two rows of images and no Sets

Small + Sets - two rows of "images" and Sets crammed over to the right 25% of the page
Medium + Sets = one row of "images" and Sets crammed over to the right 25% of the page

I'd just like to see more emphasis on Sets than the offered option which crams them all in over to the right.

NickSchietromo
09-03-2010, 05:01 PM
thanks guys!