PDA

View Full Version : Transcend Ultimate 16GB SDHC (Class 10) - just got 2 delivered.

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

Bone
03-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah so I needed lots of storage to go with the new camera so I ordered up a couple of the Transcend 16GB Ultimate Class 10 cards.

So far so good... I'm in the middle of loading them out and then formatting them to make sure that I have good cards. I'm going to do this a good 10 times and then format with the camera each time to ensure that they are good cards and will not fail me anytime soon. I'd rather find out they were duds now than later...

Damn do they write fast! My old Sandisk Xtreme III didn't even write this fast. With full HD video I click to finish recording and it's already written to the card. With the photos they are done writing as soon as I take the shot just about. I'll let you guys know how they pan out after I'm done with my testing/checking of the cards.

I got them for 50 bucks each, so hopefully they will hold out and perform well.

AWD FTW!
03-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Nice. im looking for a bigger card. I needed a card right away so I had to take it in the ass and pay $50 for a Sandisk extreme IV (4g class 10) at bestbuy.

Where did you order from?

Markitos
03-22-2010, 08:18 PM
My cameras don't use SD (okay, well one of them CAN), but I'm happy for you!

Bone
03-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Nice. im looking for a bigger card. I needed a card right away so I had to take it in the ass and pay $50 for a Sandisk extreme IV (4g class 10) at bestbuy.

Where did you order from?

ouch!!!! yeah, I have been down that road before. That sucks! That's why I have my 4GB extreme 3. but that was several years ago now and they were more than 50 at that time... That does hurt the pocket. especially when you can get the same card online for 10-20 less.

Sandisk make great products but damn their Class 10 cards are friken expensive as hell!!!!

jacobsen1
03-23-2010, 05:32 PM
nice, I need to get a few bigger cards for the D700... My biggest is 4gb right now, I have 8s for the GF1. :lol:

Bone
03-23-2010, 09:40 PM
so far so good. everything has been going well for me at this point. I hope it continues to do so. I've re-written the cards a few times now, doing low level formats just to make sure they do good with everything and all.

Bone
05-18-2010, 04:21 PM
I thought I would give an update on this.

It's now around 2 months since I've had both of them and I have yet to have any issues with them at all. I've filled up the first card entirely, and that's with weeding out all the files on it that I don't want to even remotely keep. (deleting the worst files). At first I was just wiping the card completely after each use but I figured this is good insurance to make sure I don't loose any files in the long run. just leave them on there until I've gone through a mass backup of the whole system and triplicated my files like I typically do.

I'm currently on the second card now and have been using that for a while now and to be honest I couldn't be happier at this point. I've not had one bad thing come about yet and I pray it never does. That could be heart breaking for me....

thomps6s
05-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Transcend is one of the largest memory companies out there. I have used them for all of my SD cards in previous cameras and still use their CF's for my Canon 5d. I absolutely love their products and have never had a failed card.

Bone
05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Transcend is one of the largest memory companies out there. I have used them for all of my SD cards in previous cameras and still use their CF's for my Canon 5d. I absolutely love their products and have never had a failed card.

I know they are pretty big but when I had gotten these cards they were a fairly new line / model from what I understand. I've always use Sansa cards but they have just gotten way to expensive at this point. Granted I've always had higher speeds with their cards.... I'm hoping that I can get some faster Transcends for a decent price in the near future. Would be kind of nice.

Though my camera does support the new SDXC cards. But I haven't really seen any of those out yet for purchase...