PDA

View Full Version : Since Carl wants to hold his curves tutorial over our (my) heads:

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

jacobsen1
05-18-2009, 04:50 PM
so no tutorial then
I figure you don't want a curves & histogram tutorial for nsop, correct?

let me google that for you! (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=photoshop+curves+tutorial)
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/photoshop-curves.htm (his stuff is always solid)
http://www.khulsey.com/photoshop_tutorials/photoshop-tutorial_curves.html
http://www.chromasia.com/tutorials/online/curves/ (quite good)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORM6AZY19pw
http://yanikphotoschool.com/tutorials/video_tutorials/photoshop-curves-tutorial-video/

http://smiliesftw.com/x/huge_bandwagon.png

yeah, after being all high and mighty about asking for sample images and then flaunting that it was done, what do you do? You try to blackmail me/us for it because your access to PiP was revoked? Do you REALLY need me to go into why that may have happened? Seriously, I get 3~10 PMs a day about you, I get people asking me about you on facebook now, and all for what? So you can parade around here all high and mighty, talking about packing your ****ing bags? Do you need any help with that jackass? Seriously, you've stalked a member here now enough your PiP access was revoked by request! You've got people all worked up because you might rain on someone's vacation, all for what? One tutorial we could all lookup elsewhere? And that's all after you act like we're/I'm running the forum wrong and you'd be doing a much better job of it if you handled it yourself?

Yeah, whoops, was that the http://www.newschoolofphotography.com/forum/images/buttons/newthread.gif button, and not the http://www.newschoolofphotography.com/forum/images/buttons/reply_small.gif??? My bad.... ::)

If you don't like the way this forum is run, you're more than welcome to leave and start your own (as you said you were going to do back when you originally left!)... But god damn it, I'm done with you disrespecting me and the board and holding us "hostage" for a tutorial.

kthankxbye! :wave:

Colorblinded
05-18-2009, 04:52 PM
:lol: I'm not holding it over your head, I just expected a response from you. At least now I know how you really are operating things ;)

Kilonad
05-18-2009, 05:10 PM
< posting in a troll thread.

_L_U_C_A_
05-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey cool, now I can learn how to use curves.

s7khan
05-18-2009, 05:15 PM
:lol: First time I paid attention to your sig Luca

danm
05-18-2009, 05:56 PM
I find this whole thread very interesting

user errors
05-18-2009, 05:58 PM
So... I missed something.

s7khan
05-18-2009, 06:28 PM
This thread has soo much potential for discussion, but no one knows where to start

QJ
05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
What are curves?

tardypizza
05-18-2009, 08:39 PM
What are curves?

Those two things flanking your beer gut.

QJ
05-18-2009, 08:39 PM
ouch. that hit below the belt.

Tito
05-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Those two things flanking your beer gut.

I thought those where moobs? :confused:

QJ
05-18-2009, 09:07 PM
moobs! :lol:

tardypizza
05-18-2009, 09:12 PM
I thought those where moobs? :confused:

We'll call them whatever you want, Mr. Moobie.

Micah / AF1 Racing
05-18-2009, 11:14 PM
As my 7 year old buddy says, "man boobs". I have not felt that fat since 7th grade gym class. Funny stuff.

Tylersladen
05-18-2009, 11:15 PM
I am lost?

QJ
05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
semi nws.

http://www.scripting.se/gatan/2007/evangeline-lilly-kate-on-lost-bikin.jpg

s7khan
05-18-2009, 11:41 PM
That wasn't work safe :mad:

Reed Goodwin
05-18-2009, 11:46 PM
But it was better than thoughts of beer-induced man boobs... :)
Reed

QJ
05-18-2009, 11:54 PM
That wasn't work safe :mad:

It's a swimsuit? :p

Are you at work?

s7khan
05-19-2009, 12:09 AM
yeah :(

QJ
05-19-2009, 12:48 AM
boooo

ride5000
05-19-2009, 06:47 AM
semi nws.

http://www.scripting.se/gatan/2007/evangeline-lilly-kate-on-lost-bikin.jpg

404 curves not found. where are her hips?

marcus.raw
05-19-2009, 09:44 AM
damn, what did i miss!?!

QJ
05-19-2009, 02:09 PM
semi nws :lol:

:(

tardypizza
05-19-2009, 02:30 PM
ouch. that hit below the belt.

Above the belt, actually.

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 02:59 PM
can someone explain this

Tito
05-19-2009, 03:06 PM
can someone explain this

There are 5 links at the top to explain curves. :wave:

s7khan
05-19-2009, 03:07 PM
:lol:

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
There are 5 links at the top to explain curves. :wave:

NO.

they other part with carl.

Tito
05-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Oh that? It's grown up stuff. Sorry kid, it's the small table in the other room for you.

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Id rather be young then old.

anyday.

Juanita
05-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Geeeeber!

Tyler, it's over and done with. Now run along and play nice in the sandbox....

Juanita
05-19-2009, 03:14 PM

anyday.

WHOA whoa whoa! Who you callin' "old"???? :unamused:

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 03:16 PM
oh I am terribly sorry didn't mean to "offend" anyone.

Tito
05-19-2009, 03:17 PM

anyday.

:lol: How old are you now? And how old where you last year? Exactly! Unless you hit one of those wormwholes that Shawn leaves when he drives his Subaru, that's the only way that you will reverse time.

Juanita
05-19-2009, 03:18 PM
oh I am terribly sorry didn't mean to "offend" anyone.

Silly boy, at your age you can't offend anyone....especially on the internetz!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, maybe Chris Hanson.... :grad:

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 03:19 PM
17. I was 16 last year.

jacobsen1
05-19-2009, 03:47 PM
guys, let's not pick another fight today OK?

CNs: Carl doesn't like me or the way "I" run the board... So he left (for the second time).

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 04:08 PM
I was under the impression everyone liked him.

LucKie355
05-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Appearances can be deceiving. :)

-K

QJ
05-19-2009, 05:11 PM
17. I was 16 last year.

Weren't you 15 when you joined NSOP a couple of months ago? :huh:

Shawn's wormhole got him! :eek:

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 05:16 PM
No I was 15 in 07?

QJ
05-19-2009, 05:43 PM
That's cool. I was 25 in '07.

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 05:48 PM
That makes you...

older?!?!!

awesome.

thomps6s
05-19-2009, 06:15 PM

Not this guy.

QJ
05-19-2009, 06:18 PM

You were thinking of me. :cool:

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Not this guy.

I really wanna know what the dude did I mean if its worse then me that is.

ride5000
05-19-2009, 07:52 PM
you're just young. ;)

he's got no excuse. :lol:

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 07:54 PM
the anticipation is killing me.

jacobsen1
05-19-2009, 08:11 PM
I really wanna know what the dude did I mean if its worse then me that is.

he didn't get banned, he just left. You did something bad enough to warrant banning. I pissed carl off enough he chose to leave on his own. Check his title, it's not changed. :wave:

CaityB
05-19-2009, 08:18 PM
the anticipation is killing me.

Really? Cause last I checked youngsters your age could read.... If you read the first post you'd know enough.

he didn't get banned, he just left. You did something bad enough to warrant banning. I pissed carl off enough he chose to leave on his own. Check his title, it's not changed. :wave:

He left? I'm looking and his "location" still says he's packing...Hm

Colorblinded
05-19-2009, 08:48 PM
In reference to the first post I did forget to include this
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/emorphien/crap/pot-kettle-black.jpg
If you question why I was trying to get in touch with you Ben, think about how your behavior looks from my end. Considering all your claims I would have preferred that you actually tell me in a level headed communication prior to creating this thread. I take what I may from the first post, which realistically isn't very much.

There are 5 links at the top to explain curves. Indeed, evidently Ben doesn't feel we need our own tutorials or anything, links to others would be sufficient. This does however contradict what he has said in the past.

guys, let's not pick another fight today OK?

CNs: Carl doesn't like me or the way "I" run the board... So he left (for the second time).I am a bit surprised you would suggest people don't pick fights today since that seems to go on quite often otherwise to varying degrees of success.

Your CNs are a bit simplistic unfortunately. Whether I've left or not is undecided however since there are still plenty of people here whose photos I enjoy and I enjoy providing feedback to them on their photographs.

I was under the impression everyone liked him.I was not under that impression. However from what I can tell those who don't like me are largely also those who I also don't like. I just prefer to limit what complaining I do about other members, calling out people in public to create drama, etc. If someone had a problem with me I would expect them to take it up with me via PM or whatever, as I would have (and have done in the past here and elsewhere). Talking about things behind someone's back, especially when nothing constructive is ever communicated to that person, does not accomplish much good.

Not this guy.aww gee :(

he didn't get banned, he just left. You did something bad enough to warrant banning. I pissed carl off enough he chose to leave on his own. Check his title, it's not changed. Pissed off? No, you haven't actually pissed me off or made me mad. I would describe the way I feel mostly as disappointment.

Contributing here when you won't assume the necessary responsibility to communicate effectively and when you are as rude as you have been towards me tends to seem like a waste of time. However as much as that is a motivation to leave I am conflicted with the fact that there are plenty of people here who I see are learning and improving, and I enjoy seeing that process and enjoy providing any input/feedback/assistance that I can for that.

Contrary to what you believe, Ben, I am not interested in arguing with you or anyone else. Actually a lot goes to show that the reason I left in the first place is not well understood, but I can't say it seems like there's much point in wasting my energy attempting to explain that.

Really? Cause last I checked youngsters your age could read.... If you read the first post you'd know enough.
Can they read? I'm not so certain anymore. If he read the first post he would indeed have one side of the story at least.

He left? I'm looking and his "location" still says he's packing...HmThat could change at any point, it doesn't say what I'm packing or why I am packing.

Say what you want, say what you will. I'm not terribly concerned about it one way or another at this point (nor was I really prior) however even though I may disagree with some among you, such as Ben, I am not interested in the drama, fighting, arguments, abuse, immaturity or whatever else that goes on here. Just the photography and the learning that could and sometimes does take place.

If someone wants to talk to me directly then go ahead by all means, but I'm not going to contribute further to this thread.

QJ
05-19-2009, 09:02 PM
If someone wants to talk to me directly then go ahead by all means, but I'm not going to contribute further to this thread.

:popcorn:

This all seems a little bit childish to me. If somebody doesn't like the way something is run then that somebody should find somewhere else to go. That statement is not directed at just Carl - it's for anybody. If you are into having a pissing match about who is right and who is wrong on the Internet (especially with the owner of the site) then by all means have your fun and go masturbate to your manliness (or womanliness) at the end of the day.

I, for one, have better things to do (most of the time, there have been a few exceptions!) but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the drama.

Tylersladen
05-19-2009, 09:22 PM
This thread lacks funny.
/divert my attention back to futurama

Kilonad
05-19-2009, 09:41 PM
this thread proves that there are women on the interwebs, and that they have catfights.

bleuquila
05-19-2009, 10:01 PM
This all seems a little bit childish to me. If somebody doesn't like the way something is run then that somebody should find somewhere else to go. :

I do sort of disagree. If , for example, I see what I view as problems or shortcomings with a place I otherwise love, my first instinct, and advice for anyone, is always going to be to bring up what I see. I have found that by and large the people who "in charge" of managing these sort of communities are receptive to input and ways they can improve (and I have been that person before). If I've made an honest effort to enact (in my view) positive change and nothing changes, or heads butt, and I find it to be a dealbreaker that would be the time to find somewhere else to go.

Sure, community managers have the absolute right to say "you don't like it, gtfo" but that's not really conducive to building a better place , you know?

My totally hypothetical and non-specific imput. :grad:

QJ
05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
I totally agree with you! This situation (from what I gather) had been deteriorating for quite some time and not in a productive manner. I have seen issues or concerns get resolved here in both productive and unproductive manners and it sure is more pleasant for all when it's productive and nobody gets all jackassity. That attitude just pisses people off and ends up like this. :lol:

And yea, this is Ben's house. He built it for us but it's still his house and I'm not the guy who will go into it and piss on his living room floor and say the color of his walls are atrocious. That would get me a :gtfo: for sure! Sometimes people need a :gtfo: in order to build a better community. :)

Jerome
05-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Where's the tutorial anyway :confused:

QJ
05-26-2009, 05:07 PM

Tito
05-26-2009, 05:28 PM
:deadhorse:

s7khan
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Can we move this thread out of this section? The links on post 1 were, while helpful, not there for the intended purpose of sharing info...rather for something else.

QJ
05-26-2009, 10:35 PM
I say we leave it open and rename it the :deadhorse: thread.