PDA

View Full Version : reccomend me a tripod

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

Geekybiker
12-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Light and cheap. I have a manfrotto ball head for my monopod already and can swap that over if needed (Its not quick release or anything though.)

So many cheapo models on BH and no reviews.....

subimatt
12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
whats cheapo mean to you? Ive been looking at this one... Manfrotto 190XPROB

Colorblinded
12-17-2007, 05:12 PM
You really need to provide a budget. Bogen/Manfrotto are good choices but if you really want to save some money Calumet (www.calumetphoto.com) sells some that seem to be Bogen/Manfrotto copies that are very good for the budget minded. Check out the 7500 for around $100, you can also find cheaper ones with a quick-release tilt shift head included.

Geekybiker
12-17-2007, 05:29 PM

Sub $100? I dont want a steaming pile of a tripod that I'll want to replace immediately, but I dont use something like that heavily so no need to buy a "pro" model or anything.

BCinMB
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM

Sub $100? I dont want a steaming pile of a tripod that I'll want to replace immediately, but I dont use something like that heavily so no need to buy a "pro" model or anything.

I think the amvona 994 is the cheap tripod to get. (search ebay) A lot of people are happy with that on potn. That's what i was originally gonna get before i got the 055xprob.