PDA

View Full Version : Radio Popper Jr.s Come out Swinging! 1700ft!!

Please support NSOP by using our affilaites:
      Receive a FREE GIFT from Think Tank Photo

Camera Gear Rentals   

thomps6s
12-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Release date is January/February. Bummer on the wait, but they look impressive, kinda funky looking but technically they seem very impressive. Plus they are compatible with Alienbees and White lighting systems.
Oh yeah, they are super affordable too.

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2008/12/radiopopper-introduces-gen-2-products.html

PhatheadWRX
12-14-2008, 10:49 PM
did they release the price yet? I didn't see it friday.

I'm still torn on trying a new set of Cactus V2s (the older gen PT-04s don't work the best on my 430EX), Cybersyncs, or XJrs. All depends on the prices.

thomps6s
12-14-2008, 10:50 PM
did they release the price yet? I didn't see it friday.

I'm still torn on trying a new set of Cactus V2s (the older gen PT-04s don't work the best on my 430EX), Cybersyncs, or XJrs. All depends on the prices.

See here - http://radiopopper.com/docs/radiopopper_xsystem_pressrelease.pdf

thechickencow
12-14-2008, 10:54 PM
I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

thomps6s
12-14-2008, 10:55 PM
I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

Cheap reliable alternative to Pocket Wizards. Triggers and receivers for off camera flash.

PhatheadWRX
12-14-2008, 10:55 PM
flash triggers, Jay

I wouldn't need the studio (no WL or ABs), so $99 for the kit < $130 for the cyber syncs. I think I'll hold off to see how well the power control from the transmitter is, because that could be so money!

thechickencow
12-14-2008, 10:56 PM
They should come up with more creative names.

;)

riderofbmx4130
12-15-2008, 10:18 AM
i can't decide whether to get the jr's or the px's :p

i've had it in my mind to get even the p1's for so long now

thomps6s
12-15-2008, 10:25 AM

i've had it in my mind to get even the p1's for so long now

I used Cybersyncs yesterday and they were awesome, but now these are appealing. I want good triggers now and don't want to wait till february to get the Jr.s, but they may be worth the wait?

Idjiit
12-15-2008, 10:35 AM

If I understand things right it sounds like if you want E-TTL/iTTL you'd go with the PX's, if you're using Alien Bees/White Lightning's or something that's just doing basic triggering you'd go for the JrX's.

Definitely interesting products. But the price is still a bit too high for me since generally Nikon's wireless stuff works for me - I've even used it outside with good effect. Definitely has its limitations, but as long as you know them it's easy to work around.

I like how all the products use AA's. I hate having to carry around weirdo batteries.

thomps6s
12-15-2008, 10:45 AM
If I understand things right it sounds like if you want E-TTL/iTTL you'd go with the PX's, if you're using Alien Bees/White Lightning's or something that's just doing basic triggering you'd go for the JrX's.

Definitely interesting products. But the price is still a bit too high for me since generally Nikon's wireless stuff works for me - I've even used it outside with good effect. Definitely has its limitations, but as long as you know them it's easy to work around.

I like how all the products use AA's. I hate having to carry around weirdo batteries.

The JRx transmitter uses a CR123 battery, but they are only about $3 each and last for 20 continuous hours. So, that should be forever since each pop is a blip in time.

But for the JRx series, $59/$69 is pretty damn affordable for what you are getting.

Idjiit
12-15-2008, 10:47 AM
D'oh, I stand corrected. You can get rechargeable CR123's, at least.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/cr123a-lithium-battery-chargers.php

I may have to start investing in these anyway since the Nikon SB-R200's (macro light system) use them.

thomps6s
12-15-2008, 10:49 AM
D'oh, I stand corrected. You can get rechargeable CR123's, at least.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/cr123a-lithium-battery-chargers.php

I may have to start investing in these anyway since the Nikon SB-R200's (macro light system) use them.

Rechargable FTW. I think the JRx receivers still use AA's which is also awesome.
I wish they were available now. :mad: